Friday, June 1, 2007

Wake up call.

A friend of ours recently got evicted from his house, and asked if he could bring his two cats over for a night or two. We decided to be nice and so now we have Winter and Haze over. Haze is a beautiful gray cat, and Winter is a Himalayan. Haze had to be bottle fed as a baby and since we were all living together at the time, he knows us fairly well, and he is an incredibly sweet loving cat who LOVES attention..and sleeping on the bed. Winter on the other hand, is a bit of a wild child. He loves to play and chase things. Yesterday I stepped outside with him to show the neighbor, and her husband started playing one of those little recorder/flute thingys. Needless to say, Winter freaked out and I had to literally pull his claw from where he embedded it in my shoulder!

Now, on to the 'wake up call' part....We have an air mattress...a really nice, expensive air mattress...Therefore we really didn't want the cats in our bedroom. We shut off all the doors to the bedroom before bed last night so they couldn't get in. Well at 7 this morning right as the alarm was going off, I felt an odd sensation. I open my eyes and there is Haze, lovingly rubbing himself against me. I grab him and immediately get him as far away from the bed as possible. Climb back into bed..and I feel it. We are sinking. That little brat ripped (and I don't mean he just put a hole..he RIPPED) the bed wide open. Thankfully if he had to pop it, he waited til we were waking up (or at least Scott was!!), but...we have no money for a new bed. I'm hoping a patch works, because I doubt the friend we are cat sitting for will have the money for a new mattress. I still haven't figured out how he got in. When I went to remove him from the room, my door was open. And then, we found the other cat under a chair in the room as well. I don't know how they did it. Now, its way to early for *me* to be awake, so I'm gonna crawl on our little 'company' twin mattress and go back to sleep..and hope I don't find cats in my room again.

2 comments:

cajunquilter said...

oh sweetie i am so sorry. how are your allergies from the cats?

FlipFlop Mom said...

OH NO!!!!! I'm so sorry... :(